Translation

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Aamanns-Copenhagen

Aamanns-Copenhagen is a new Danish restaurant featuring awesome Danish cuisine. I am half danish so I have some authority on the subject. It isn't in the most attractive area but inside is a different story. White clean walls and Danish art hanging down from the walls like sloths. The food is also fantastic! The Danes have a fantastic bread called rugbrød. They also have an great mustard called remoulaude. They specialize in little sandwiches called smørrebrød. Little open faced sandwiches with different toppings. I have two favorite dishes. One is pâté of pork with parsley, aquavit, fresh hazelnuts, fried mushrooms bacon-greaves and pickled beets. It just sizzles in your mouth when mixed all together. Two, the breaded, pan-fried fish, with green remoulade, an herb salad and lemon wedge. The herb salad and the pan-fried fish are just amazing together. The pan-fried fish is very soft and tastes like a mix of salmon and herring. Although the food takes its time Aamanns-Copenhagen certainly feels special.





Inside paradise

smørrebrød 

Pan-fried fish

big appetite




13 Laight Street
New York, NY 10013

[212} 925 1313
aamanns-copenhagen.com

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this takes me back to my trip to Copenhagen! I am going to add this to my list of restaurants to try!

    Jyoti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry 'bout that.(deleted comment)Anyway I don't blame you. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Yum, like the sound of the pate! Look forward to having a meal here. Keep it up, Rasmus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog, Rasmus! It's great fun to read. In no time, you'll be joining the masthead of the NY Times! Sending greetings. :) Milina, Michael & Alessandro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and spread the word about a ten year old gourmand.

      Delete
  4. This is my favorite blog by a 9 year old gourmand. And, now I know where to go for Danish food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know great food when you taste it Rasmus! Great blog too xx from Aarhus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak fordi du hvar pa min blog. Kom til NYC og besog restauranterene.

      Delete

About Me

My photo
As a food writer I am always hungry and looking for good food and restaurants. I created this blog at the age of 9. I was lucky enough to be named #1 kid food critic by a leading food website, www.firstwefeast.com. I am putting most of my spare time into this blog and I hope you will enjoy my reviews of glorious, wonderful, waiting for you to eat food!!!